The times we are facing right now is challenging and historic. As we walk scroll through social media, more venues and shops get closed, and we are sent to our homes to wait the level of uncertainty rises. What advisors and clients both crave more than anything is stability and the current climate we are in with a global pandemic and market volatility provides not.
During the storm, we look for things to hold onto to stabilize us during the turmoil. So, for me that means taking care of myself and my family. Taking care of myself the best I can by moving/exercising daily, lessening my time watching social media, eating whole foods, and getting plenty of quality sleep. The most important thing to understand is reminding yourself of the things you can control and what I can not control. The ability to take life one day at a time is virtuous right now. We must look at our current situation as temporary and not as the infinity.
Strategic Coach, Dan Sullivan shares the following tips for leaders for handling and leading forward when times get tough:
- Forget about yourself and focus on others.
- Forget about your commodity and focus on relationships.
- Forget about the sale and create value
- Forget about your losses and focus on the opportunities.
- Forget about your difficulties and focus on your progress.
- Forget about the “future” and focus on today.
- Forget about who you are and focus on who you can be.
- Forget about events and focus on your responses
- Forget about what is missing and focus on what is available
- Forget about your complaints and focus on your gratitude.
Uncertainty is the current climate right now it does not mean that it will always be this way. We are here to help and answer any questions you might have today or down the road.
As always, we wish you good health, strength, and calmness during this stormy time. Blessings.